About Methodist Women's Hospital Outreach
The mission of the Methodist Women's Hospital Outreach Department is to ensure healthy pregnancies to the expertise of neonatal and maternal-fetal medicine specialists, with the goal of healing physicians to continue caring for high-risk patients in their communities.
Should a higher level of care be necessary, our facility - the first in the state to receive the Joint Commission's Perinatal Care Certification - is home to the region's most experienced maternal-fetal medicine team, an 8-bed inpatient high-risk obstetrical unit, and a 51-bed level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for newborns requiring specialized care.
- To assist community hospital staff and physicians in providing the best possible care and keep as many obstetrical patients as possible in their community.
- To provide antepartum testing consultation to physicians and their patients in their own community.
- To facilitate immediate access to a second opinion whenever a disturbing or confusing fetal heart rate or uterine contraction pattern arises on a patient in labor.
- To increase both physician and nurse use of resources through education and information.
- To assist community hospital physicians and nurses in identifying those patients who need consultation or transfer and to accomplish this at the earliest time possible.